Stretch marks are inherently scars. They are caused due to the breakdown of collagen and elastin fibers at the dermal level, most often after pregnancy, a sudden change in weight or rapid growth through puberty.
Here are some interesting facts about them:
1. Genetic predisposition plays a leading role in their forming.
2. They are observed in 75-90% of women during pregnancy.
3. A sharp weight gain is not in itself a cause for their appearance. It contributes to the hormonal changes that become their immediate cause.
4. Only 1% of the people affected are men.
5. The topical application of creams, conditioners and oils is not effective in combating them.
6. Modern aesthetic dermatology has highly effective methods for reducing stretch marks.
At the Pearl Skin Aesthetic Dermatology Clinic you can consult a specialized dermatologist.
Detailed information on the proposed procedures can be found here: http://pearlskin.net/en/blog/posts/efektivni-vzmozhnosti-za-premahvane-na-strii-v-pearl-skin